Founded in 1961, the St George Historical Society is dedicated to promoting and conserving the history of the St George District of New South Wales, Australia, for the benefit of our members, affiliated societies and the broader community.
The Society presents an active program of events, publishes the Our History magazine, maintains a library and museum collections, provides research services and hosts exhibitions in the New South Wales State Heritage-listed, Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum.
The Society, a not-for-profit voluntary organisation, is governed according to our Constitution. It is managed by the SGHS Committee and supported by Bayside Council.
- Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum is closed to the public while undergoing refurbishment. The Society is working with Bayside Council to reopen the Museum for the community to enjoy.
- Mark your calendar with our 2023 meeting dates.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Affairs Of James Beehag, A Rockdale Pioneerby Gifford Eardley Amongst the earliest settlers of the Rockdale area was Mr. James Beehag, a descendant of a French …
Continue reading “The Affairs Of James Beehag, A Rockdale Pioneer”
- Walk and Drive GuidesDuring Local Government Week, August 1998, Rockdale City Council launched a series of walk and drive guides to encourage a broad …
- Five-CornersExtract from The Propeller, February 1941 There’s many an old resident of the St. George district who will probably tell …