Founded in 1961, the St George Historical Society is dedicated to promoting and conserving the history of the St George District of New South Wales, Australia, for the benefit of our members, affiliated societies and the broader community.
The Society presents an active program of events, publishes the Our History magazine, maintains a library and museum collections, provides research services and hosts exhibitions in the New South Wales State Heritage-listed, Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum.
- Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum is closed to the public while undergoing refurbishment. The Society is working with Bayside Council to reopen the Museum for the community to enjoy.
- Mark your calendar with our 2022 meeting dates.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Affairs Of James Wilson: An Early Settler Of Rockdaleby Gifford and Eileen Eardley Nestling against a background of scarlet-flowered coral-trees in West Botany Street, Rockdale, is the former …
- Thomas Townshend, First Viscount Sydney: The man after whom our city was namedby Alderman R. W. Rathbone Thomas Townshend, 1st Viscount Sydney, came of an old and very distinguished Norfolk family who …
- The Affairs Of Isaac Beehag, Dairyman, Rockdaleby Gifford Eardley Isaac Beehag was the eldest son of James and Mary Beehag, being born on July 18th, 1841, …
[table id=2 /]