Start with these online resources to learn more about the history of St George.
- Bayside Libraries
- Georges River Libraries
- St Peters Cooks River on Youtube – collection of videos highlighting the history in suburban Sydney. Videos featured in St George include: Rockdale, Kogarah, Hurstville, Arncliffe, Bexley, Rocky Point Peninsula (Sans Souci, Sandringham, Dolls Point), Tempe House, and Willie the Boatman
- SGHS – A gallery of the photographs on this website.
- Bayside Libraries – A collection of over 3,000 local images.
- Georges River Libraries – A collection of 10,000 local images from the 1800s to present day.
Archives and Records
- The St George Call – local newspaper published from 1904 – 1957.
- The Propeller – newspaper published in Hurstville from 1911 – 1954.
- World War One local enlistees – list of Australian Infantry Force enlistees residing in the Rockdale Council Area. The list includes links to the service record summary, the digitised service record in the National Archives, and newspaper articles.
- Ancestry Library – Over 1 billion family history records, using local and international records. The website contains convict and free settler lists, passenger lists, Australian and New Zealand electoral rolls and military records, English, Welsh and Scottish censuses, birth, marriage and death records. It also features family trees, connecting with information and content discovered by other members. Contact your local library to arrange access.
- Ancestry – The family history website for personal use, with trial or subscription access.