Founded in 1961, the St George Historical Society is dedicated to promoting and conserving the history of the St George District of New South Wales, Australia, for the benefit of our members, affiliated societies and the broader community.
The Society presents an active program of events, publishes the Our History magazine, maintains a library and museum collections, provides research services and hosts exhibitions in the New South Wales State Heritage-listed, Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum.
- Entries are now open for the 2022 Ron Rathbone Local History Competition.
- Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum is closed to the public while undergoing refurbishment. The Society is working with Bayside Council to reopen the Museum for the community to enjoy.
- Mark your calendar with our 2022 meeting dates.
Latest Blog Posts
- Calling All CarsIn 1894 the residents of Rockdale and district were entirely devoid of police protection at certain times. During big festivities …
- Kevin Little, third-generation stained glass artist and restorer (1930 – 2022)Stained glass artist and restorer Kevin John Little was born in Sydney in 1930. Both his father, William Little, and …
- Book Review: Sydney by Delia Falconer, UNSW Press 2010 (293 pages)Reviewed by Laurice Bondfield Strictly speaking this is not a history book. It is more a meditation on what makes …