Founded in 1961, the St George Historical Society is dedicated to promoting and conserving the history of the St George District of New South Wales, Australia, for the benefit of our members, affiliated societies and the broader community.
The Society presents an active program of events, publishes the Our History magazine, maintains a library and museum collections, provides research services and hosts exhibitions in the New South Wales State Heritage-listed, Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum.
- Submit your nomination for the SGHS Committee. The new committee will be elected during our July 2022 Annual General Meeting.
- Lydham Hall Historic House and Museum is closed to the public while undergoing refurbishment. The Society is working with Bayside Council to reopen the Museum for the community to enjoy.
- Mark your calendar with our 2022 meeting dates.
Latest Blog Posts
- Nominations for Election of Office Holders – July 2022 Annual General MeetingThe Annual General Meeting of the St George Historical Society will be held on Saturday 16th July 2022 at 2pm …
- Captain James Cook R. N.Written by Gifford & Eileen Eardley Please note that some of the terms used in this article reflect the attitude …
- Designing and Dangerous Men: The Story of the Transported Cato Street ConspiratorsThe Cato Street Conspiracy of 23 February 1820 was an attempt by a group of radicals to assassinate the British …